More Fabric and a Friendship Quilt



The temptation too great ! I had to drop my daughter off at work and close by is a store that sells fabric. Time was my own for the afternoon and there was a ten dollar bill burning a hole in my pocket. I thought maybe I will buy one new color, something brown. Well, there before me lay a huge table of fabrics, $2 a yard. Nice cottons. I found a brown, then another brown, then another brown with a gold in it, then a gold, then a gold with green in it, then a green, and another green and there were light greens and dark greens and then there was a dusty purple flower print that matched a green, then there was a dusty purple print that matched the flower print and so it went. I was temperate though and only got 1/4 yard of each. Now for me that is restraint. I am so used to buying 5 or more yards of any cotton so no matter the number of prints I still ended up with less than 5 yards.
I am patting myself on the back as I type one handed of course.

Now to the other photo. Twice now a Christian homesteading list I belong to has done a quilt block exchange. We have had so much fun doing this.
Usually there are about 20 ladies in the exchange. The blocks include the name of course and some include a Bible verse. After this exchange is done, we should all have enough blocks to make a good size quilt.
Its great fun and will be a treasure for years to come. I am anxious to get all the blocks and then work on putting them all together.
The ones I just made are Texas themed, so no one will have any doubt where it came from !

Comments

Alena said…
beautiful cottons, Patty, beautiful colors - loads of green and yellow, it seams that the Texas spring has some kind of impact on you :o)
the quilt will be lovely, i am looking forward to seing it finished!
Kelli said…
The colors of your new fabric are just beautiful! You have such a good eye for finding coordinating patterns and colors!

Kelli
Finn said…
Oh Patty, hurray for you and new fabrics for a new project..*VBS* Even buying the restricted yardage is a "new". You'll find that in quilt making, a quarter yard goes a long way, especially as you get more and more quarter yards to choose from. A piece of this and piece of that will make a whole..*VBS* I'm just tickled pink for you, that you are doing the block exchange. Lots of pretties there!!
Anonymous said…
Lovely blocks - exchanges are really fun to do. Love your fabrics and what a fantastic price! I can't believe it - a bargain here is AU$12 a metre!!
Lucy said…
so beautiful ! The fabrics the blocks . mmmm

Popular Posts