Simplicity


















The warm evening air beckons me. There is no way to ignore this desire to walk the land, checking the new spring growth. I saw mint coming up by the little windmill and mullein springing forth. The plum tree is in bloom as is the apricot. The peach trees are yet sleeping. My husband showed me the wood shed, and how much wood we used this winter. Not much compared to other years. It was so mild. We both know the stove will be lit a few more times, so despite my desire to clean it all out and blacken it, I will wait.
Things seem so uncomplicated in our life. There is time to stroll along the fence lines and through the gardens and look with interest into the smallest detail. The mustang grapes are full of budding leaves and the oak trees have tiny leaves bursting forth at the tops of the trees. We light the lamps later each evening now and see the sun a bit longer in the west. My front door faces west and two big windows stand aside the door, always giving me a front row seat to the evening sky. Colors changing moment by moment and shining on the wooden floors with amazing colors.
No television blaring, no sounds except the steady ticking of the mantle clock. Simplicity at its best !


Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Spring has arrived at your place! I wish it would here. :( The weather man tonight said that last year on this date it was 70 degrees. Today it is much cooler and we have storm warnings. But, I will be patient. It's two more weeks until 'official' spring. Thank you for sharing your spring with us!
Finn said…
It does sound wonderful...and to be in such complete harmony with the earth...a time of renewal and rejoicing is at hand. Woefully, WI is still frozen and frosty. Not as much snow as most years, but a long, long way from leaf buds and flowers. But the colors in the sky, and the earlier rising sun provide hope that spring will come here, also. Hugs, Finn
Lucy said…
what a lovely pictures.. We need to wait here for teh spring. And I hope it will all bloom when Bonne comes to me :c)
Alena said…
Patty, thank you for sharing those
beautiful pictures of your home, it was snowing heavily here again today, snows is melting immediatelly it does not stay but still...

Popular Posts