Taking on Difficult Trails

As I mentioned in an earlier entry, we love to hike. Even when our girls were babies we had back packs to put them in and took them right along with us. In their baby books are dates of their first walking hikes.
When I look at this picture and see the winding path, that is all uphill and made of rocks and stones, its hard to think of it as a trail of choice, but it is. Its' not a easy hike but one that gives great reward when you reach the top. The view is great ! Worth all the hard work and sweat it takes to get there.
I think much of life mimics this experience. Lots of great things take hard work and determination to get it done.
If we just looked at this trail and said, "no way, too hard" then we would have missed the reward at the top.
Right now I am facing the hard battle of no sugar, no processed foods. It isn't easy, but I think its a bit like this trail, difficult and full of things we can stumble on. In the week we have been eating this way, I feel more energy and simply just feel better all around. But there have been many temptations along the way.
I just have to keep focused on the reward, good health, and then there is that little orange dress I want to fit into that I posted about a while back will be the view from this difficult trail.

Whats your difficult trail ????

Comments

Granny said…
Patty, I've been thinking about this no sugar/no processed foods for a while. I'm not calling it a diet but a way of life. I'm not ready to commit but I can see it coming in the future.

Anything worthwhile takes effort and I'll think about your hard trail as I journey towards committing to the no sugar lifestyle.

Judy L.

Popular Posts