Sunday Hiking Trip





















Emery and I decided it was a prefect day for hiking. We put on our hiking boots, I grabbed a water bottle, my hat and my hiking stick and off we went. Both of us were happy to reach a peak where the wind was blowing and cooled us off some after a long hard hike. At the very end of the trail I put my feet in the cold spring fed lake. It sure felt good. Everything is still so dry and the lake is down about 20 feet from the normal water level.
I took 131 pictures today on the hike. Nature provides us with so many beautiful things to look at.
We hiked in a place about 15 miles from our house. I have an idea we will both sleep really well tonight !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sure does look dry, but the stream looks very refreshing. I love nature, but not up too close - too scared of the bugs and creepy crawlies LOL. We have some lovely bush walks all around our area and the whole family love to go every now and then. I just keep to the middle of the path so no spiders can fall on my head :-)
dot said…
Sounds like a wonderful Sunday. The pictures look so nice and refreshing. Thanks for sharing with us.
Alena said…
What a beautiful scenery!
I would love to go for a hiking trip, it is ages since I went for the last one... as soon as the children are a bit bigger we have to start doing it on regular basis, it is so fun, beautiful and on top of it really healthy!

Popular Posts