Garden Goodness & A Bit About Fergus McSnow




Every day presents itself with some new beauty to capture in pictures. The lettuce beds freshly hoed, bee's and butterflies feasting on natures goodness. And yes, even Fergus McSnow, dirty from playing. He is quite the farm dog but has taken up the sport of soccer . To be honest, he prefers soccer to farm chores. He guards better than most humans and he pushes the ball across the yard with his nose and legs. He is faster than the speed of light. Its quite remarkable. We have a neighbor from Puerto Rico, a real soccer fan, who just stands at our fence line watching us play and interestingly, he cheers Fergus on and not his fellow human ! I figure at the rate Fergus is going, by the time he is a year old (he is now 6 months old) the soccer scouts will be knocking on our door wanting him to sign a contract. He is really a good little player. He recently learned to toss the ball in the air if he gets his nose just in the right place under the ball. Keeps me in good shape just running to keep up with him.

Comments

Pam said…
What a great little dog - too bad we couldn't see a video of him playing soccer but I can just imagine. We just lost our dog, Tasha, to congestive heart failure about 8 months ago and we still miss her terribly. Dogs are so pure and loving.

I was thinking the waffles sounded really good but I don't have a waffle iron. Can I just fry them up like pancakes? What is date sugar? We have a Whole foods very close to where I live so I could get nuts etc. there.
Pam in Canada

Popular Posts