Summer Breeze

Its true its not summer, and hardly spring for some folks in the colder climates but here today, the temperature is a balmy 80, with just enough humidity to make my hair curl. I don't mind the hair part. I never have cared much about fixing my hair. I think I have had it done twice in my life. Once when I was 14 for my sisters wedding, I was a bridesmaid and then maybe I had it done for a banquet once at school. The rest of my life has been cut it myself of have it just cut at a beauty shop but not styled. For me, its fine just to brush it once a day or maybe twice if I am going someplace.
Oh yeah, back to the original subject here. Summer !
The curtains were blowing in the window, and it reminded me of a song. Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft. I like them. So I put on their CD and when "Summer Breeze" started to play, it was perfect. Just like my day. Emery will be home soon, music is playing from the house next door, there are plates set for two at the table. Brown rice, seasoned with turmeric and onions cooking in the steamer, Meadow tea freshly brewed. Me without a care in the word. I always feel like everything will work out. It does too. Somehow. Have been like that since I was a child.

I looked up the lyrics on line so I could share them with you. It is my day today. I don't have jasmine, but the locust tree is making a fine substitute with its wonderful fragrance being carried on the wind and filling the house with sweetness.

See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night.

A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

See the paper layin' in the sidewalk, a little music from the house next door.
So I walked on up to the doorstep, through the screen and across the floor.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom. July is dressed up and playing her tune.
And I come home from a hard day's work, and you're waiting there, not a care in the world.
See the smile a-waitin' in the kitchen, food cookin' and the plates for two.
See the arms that reach out to hold me, in the evening when the day is through.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Patty, one of my favorite songs, I love the lyrics and they so apply to my life and how I fee. Thanks for being my cheerleader, I love when you come to visit....I hope you have a wonderful weekend...Hugs Tina
Things always do have a way of working out but it sure can be hard to see that sometimes...thats where trust and faith come it!
Wendy

Popular Posts