Lace Covered Land

I woke to land covered in lace, spread with care by Jack Frost. The sun, appeared to dance on the lace as the it shone through the young leaves of the cottonwood tree. It was so beautiful that I stood there in silence and didn't even run for my camera. Indeed it was that captivating.
What gifts nature gives us. Last night I remember being rather ticked off that it was going to be so cold. It was 29 when I went to bed. That's not really that cold of itself but after recently having days when it was so hot out that I rolled up my yoga pants so they became short and basked in the golden rays of the sun and walked in the cool water of the lake. The contrast from one week to another has been a bit drastic. But, when I looked out the back door this morning and saw the land spread with this pure white lace, I forgot about being ticked off at the cold temperatures and was thankful for it.
Again, a lesson for me. There are often blessings that come to us when we are looking at them on the way and judging them as not so good. Only to find when they arrive that they are more than we could have dreamed. Perhaps the phone rings and someone says they are coming over. In panic we tidy up, dust the piano with our hand and straighten the pillows on the sofa. Put the kettle on for tea and wrack our brains for a suitable treat to accompany the tea. We feel a bit agitated that they are coming over on such short notice. When they arrive they are like beautiful lace to us, gracing us with fine humor and good conversation. The day so much better now that they have visited. Sharing with us gems of wisdom that will last forever.
The sun has come out now, the temperature gone up so that the Lace has melted away, gone into the soil and nourished it. In my mind, sorted away is a memory of this magnificent morning. Lace made of frost.


I didn't take a picture this morning so I have used a photo taken in the winter when a light dusting of snow fell. Similar but not with the sun kissing it through new cotton wood leaves.

Comments

Finn said…
Thank you for sharing your morning with us..*S* isn't it interesting how things keep flip flopping about this year? Does make one wonder about it....*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Popular Posts