Pumpkin Chocolate Harvest Cake



Yesterday I purchased a new bundt pan,  I had to replace a very old worn out one that has a non stick surface that was scratched.  I found a Nordic Ware one on sale and since it was harvest design, it met all my needs as I make several fall flavored bundt cakes each Autumn.
Here is the recipe I used this morning, it came from the wrapper on the pan, but I could not find it on the Nordic Ware web site when I looked this morning.
  Pumpkin Chocolate Harvest Cake
2/3 cups softened butter or shortening
2 cups sugar
1 egg
2 egg whites
2 1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1  1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1  15 oz can solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon water

heat oven to 350 F  or 175 C   Grease and flour pan, set aside.  In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.  Add egg and egg whites, mix until well blended.  Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin and 1/2 cup water.  Mix on low speed until blended, scraping bowl often.  Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes.  Remove 3/4 cup of batter and put in a small bowl.  Spoon remaining batter into prepared pan.  To reserve batter add cocoa and 1 tablespoon water; stir to combine.  Place spoonfuls of chocolate batter on top of batter in pan.  Using a knife, swirl chocolate batter into pumpkin batter to marble.  Bake 40-47 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes in pan, remove from pan and cool completely.   (as a note here, I drizzled some maple syrup over the top of the cake to give it a bit of a shine and add a flavor we love with pumpkin.)

Comments

Unknown said…
This recipe sounds delicious and the pan is very pretty!
Dawn said…
That looks yummy! I wonder if I can make it in a 13x9 inch dish instead though. Don't own a bundt cake pan.

Popular Posts