Gentle sort of day


I love Mondays, they are always a gentle return to the normal.  Weekends are often unplanned and that is fun, but I like that feeling of waking up to a sort of routine that feels predicable.  Before my feet hit the floor my mind is running over this imaginary list of things I wish to accomplish.  Breakfast, laundry from the weekend.  Dishes to do, I never take up time doing dishes on Sunday, that is my day to spend entirely with my best friend, the love of my life.  Often times the most pressing chores are done within the first hour I am awake.   After Emery is off to work I sit with some coffee and take time to watch the birds flutter from one tree to another.  I think the birds around my house are regulars.  The chickadees seem unafraid of my movements and there is always a woodpecker busy at work in the black walnut tree.   There are cardinals that take a drink from the stock tank with the same regularity as I am with my morning coffee.  This quiet time each day is my prayer time too.  Gratitude overflows from my heart for all that is in my life.   I am a blessed woman to have so much love, security and joy surround me.  I will not take it for granted.   There are needs too that I pray about.  Again, what joy in being able to take all things to God in prayer.
 This morning I wanted to get on the treadmill even though I really did not feel like it.  7 miles yesterday was a good size hike, but I knew my legs needed to get going again today.  Its another warm day here so walking indoors was the best choice, but it always feels a bit like a mindless task.  Walking outside is so much more fulfilling.   At least the treadmill faces the window where I can watch the squirrels in the Red Oak tree.    Again, I feel grateful for my health that I can walk, run and do the things I love.
With the advent of Autumn, I have extra chores to do.  Make candles for the long winter nights.  Make a batch of Christmas soaps so that its well cured by time to gift it.    It will soon be time to blacken the woodstove and have it all ready for the first fire of the season next month.   There is a lot of garden work to be done so we can plant our fall garden too.    Its all part of our simple life that we have carved out for ourselves.  Living the way we desire, the way we feel is right for us.  The way that keeps us fit and healthy.   The day now is coming to another busy time.  Cooking supper, evening chores.  Preparing for the love of my life to walk through the door, and I always try to look refreshed and happy as I feel.
The late afternoon sun is streaming in the front windows that face the west.  Golden glow.  Shadows dancing on the floor.   Life is good on this gentle sort of day.

Comments

Patty,
I could have written this. We see this wonderful "routine" of life very much the same way!
Rose said…
Hi Patty
Thank you for the info on freezeing food. Much appreciated.

Popular Posts