Oatmeal Crackers



Emery and I are embarking on a healthier diet.  We joined the CHIP program.   The classes last for about 5 weeks, meeting 3 times a week for the first month and then one final meeting.   Its a vegan diet which is not much of a problem for us since we eat almost no meat anyway.  The eggs and milk will not impact my way of eating but Emery will miss them a bit.   I have lost 30 lbs in the last 8 months, most of that is recent however, but still have a ways to go to get where I would like to be.  Most importantly, I would like to lower my cholesterol.  Its not bad, but I would like to see it lower.     We have upped our exercise and I have been averaging about 15-20 miles of walking a week.  Change for the better is always good.  Today I made some oatmeal crackers that can be found in the
Optimal Diet Cookbook  to go along with the pumpkin soup I am making for supper.  Smells really good simmering on the stove !  No recipe, just adding the spices we like.   Life is so good, we want to be around as long as possible to enjoy it.  To be fit and healthy, able to embrace life with enthusiasm and joy !  
A cold front just came in....windy and 69 degrees F.   Wonderful day for baking and soup for supper.   Living abundantly with joy : )

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
I hope that cold front will be here this weekend. I was in the north ga mountains at the first of the week getting apples. Temps were 59-70 degrees! Love it! The soup and crackers sound great.

Popular Posts