Morning Walk

Emery and I were out early this morning for our daily walk.  I suggested we take a different road than we normally take,  and as we rounded the corner, we discovered someones personal papers strewn all across the road.  Credit cards, drivers license, pay stubs, bank information, etc.   We quickly gathered them all up and walked down to the police station to turn them in.  Happy to have found them for someone, but hard to figure out what had happened.   When we got home after our 2.5 mile walk, Emery noticed that someone had broken into his car and gone through the glove box.  Papers were all over the front seat.  We don't keep much in our cars, just the papers needed by law, but still it was strange.  I checked my car and discovered they had broken into my car too.  Papers on the floor, but in my case, they stole all my CD's, our sunglasses, and the phone charger.   We called the police to make a report and discovered the things we found on the road that morning had also been taken from a car just a few doors down from us.  As sad as I am about loosing my favorite CD's, there is something very different in how I see this now, compared to how I would have viewed things a few years ago.  Its just stuff.  I am not mad or upset at whoever did this, that is there thing to deal with.  Their Karma.  Only deeply troubled people steal.  I feel compassion for them, sympathy.  CD's and sunglasses are things, stuff.    I will miss my sunglasses on sunny days until they are replaced, and miss some music but my life is not changed because I lost my CD collection.

Comments

Dawn said…
I am sorry that happened to ya sweetie.

Indeed, stuff can be replaced.

It would still unnerve me though knowing someone is out there prowling around on personal property, especially at night if it may be.

Stay safe <3
Kathy said…
So sorry and I understand how you feel. About two years ago my car was broken into as well, and I lost all of my CD's and my son's portable DVD player along with a few other little things. Several years ago I lost all of my jewelry and other things, mostly sentimental, in a home invasion robbery. Those things couldn't be replaced, and I felt much more violated when someone broke into my home than I did when they broke into my car.
Take care!
Kathy

Popular Posts