Freezing Fog Morning




It would be a great morning to stroll around taking photos of this freezing fog that we are having but Emery would not hear of me heading outside. He is a vigilant caregiver when I am sick, always watching out for me. Always with a bit of fear that I will get pneumonia once again.
I am, still coughing, and still feeling not so good, still low grade fever.
What I have is either a really bad cold or bronchitis. Last week I remember saying to myself that I would like one whole week where all I had to do is stay home, well I got my wish, only I would prefer to be feeling good so I could get caught up on some of my projects.
I did manage to make a cute winter hat for Yen with some homespun last night and work more on his sweater.
Melanie and Mei-Ling have both come down with the same thing I have. Its been a tough winter for Melanie and my heart just aches for her being so sick with two little ones to care for. Wishing I felt better to help her out some. Steven's little family has been sick too with the same thing.
It is the nature of some winters to have more illnesses go round. I am thankful for a warm and dry house, healthy food to eat, herbs and medicines that do their jobs and the comfort that comes when you know you are surrounded by love and care.

Comments

Carole said…
Hi Patty,
I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Here we have also been attacked by germs : ear infections, bronchitis, each in turn, after a round of stomach flu !
An now it's : catching up on everything (school for me and the children, housework, and all daily obligations...) It's not always restful to stay at home !
~marci~ said…
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Marianna said…
I do hope you are feeling better soon. The same stuff invaded our house a couple of weeks ago. It took me nearly two weeks to really get 100% back to normal.

Popular Posts