The Blessings of A Fall Garden

What we planted in the fall, we are enjoying even now. I just came in from doing chores and stopped by the garden to pick some big heads of cabbage, lots of collard greens and some fresh lettuce. All organic and you can't get much more "local" than your own back yard. The fruits of our labor ! In a couple more weeks we should be able to get out there and till the soil for spring planting. We are expecting 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow, which gives me an idea, this is the longest winter we have experienced in our nearly two decades of living in Texas.

Comments

clairz said…
It's been such a tough winter just about everywhere. Your lovely vegetables have come through, though, and are a reminder of gardening joys to come.
I love a winter garden. For me, that was just kale and parsley and perhaps, parsnips...Your cabbage and collards look beautiful! I never had collard greens until last year, and now I love them, even more than kale. And they are perhaps the most nutrient rich of the greens.

But, oh, spring, where are you? Everyone is going to appreciate spring more than ever this year!

Popular Posts