Lazy Sunday

We are all enjoying my dad's visit so much, matter of fact I am enjoying it so much that I keep forgetting to take pictures ! Thanks to everyone who prayed for his safe trip.
Last night everyone was here for supper and Papa got to see his 2 great grand-daughters for the very first time. He had presents for each of the girls, which they loved.
We sat for hours at the table talking and laughing. My dad commented so many times about how nice it was to have a table full of family. I worked hard on him this morning trying to convince him to move up here with us. It would be wonderful to have my dad live with us. Family should care for family, plain and simple. My folks took care of my grandparents so I have had a good example that way.
Tomorrow we are having supper at Steven's house...I will try to remember to bring the camera. I would love to have a few pictures of the entire family together. How I wish Melissa and James were here too.
Emery spent the afternoon building a milking stand for me. I gave the last stanchion he made for me away when we sold Annike. This new one is a dandy ! Just have to decide what color I want to paint it.


Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful to have your dad visit.

We try during every visit to get my parents to buy one of several homes on our block for sale. But, then again. My sister and my niece want them close also. They know there loved. We all want to have them close to us.

Enjoy your time.
God Bless
Rebecca
Kelley said…
I am so glad that you are having such a good time with your dad!
We don't have much family that lives close {just my sister and she is super busy with her life} so I miss the times in my childhood when everyone was gathered at the table talking and laughing!
Wishing you a blessed and wonderful week ahead! Ü
Dana and Daisy said…
Can you teach one of the babies to say, "Papa move here!"? LOL!

I'm glad you're having a good time and it sounds like he is every bit as thoughtful as his daughter.

Just a note about me: when I was younger, I was the family photographer. Then I realized while everyone else was enjoying the moment, I was too busy "documenting it" to really participate. So I gave up the camera for a few years, except for occasional pics of babies. Now I have come back a little more to the middle.

Enjoy your dad's visit! --Dana
novascotiagal said…
Glad you father made the trip safely - my father was much the same, driving hundreds of miles in his eighties, to visit us. No planes for him! It always worried us, but he was determined.

Unfortunately, by the time he really did want to be closer to family, our mother's dementia would have been seriously accelerated by the change, and they had to stay in their familiar home, for her sake.

Enjoy your wonderful family time. He must be enchanted with his great-granddaughters!
Anonymous said…
What a handsome Dad you have! And how wonderful he got to be with his great-grands. We made special trips with our children so our grandparents could meet them, and it has been so worth it to have four generations together.
Heart 4 My Home said…
Enjoy your visit with your Dad. Each day is a grand time to make new memories.
Lisa said…
Please post a photo of your new milking stand or send it to my email, marmali@windstream.net. Dh needs to build me one and could use some ideas. Thanks! Lisa in NM

Popular Posts