In The Garden

It felt good to be out in the garden, just working, not thinking, just enjoying the moment. A prayer in my heart for my family. The wind blowing. The clouds rushing by. Dirty fingernails from digging a few potatoes by hand. They will be nice for supper tonight served with fresh corn on the cob and steamed green beans. Melanie is resting on the sofa, Mei-Ling playing with her toys in the playpen. Flowers on the table and ice cold water beside me. I feel so incredibly blessed. Living a simple lifestyle, strength to deal with the more difficult things in life. Love all around me.

A basket full of garden goodness, picked 10 minutes ago. Red and white potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, banana pepper and corn

Feverfew in bloom

a very tall sunflower

a varigated sunflower

a small yucca plant of some variety in bloom

flowering Quince

a new garden bed

laundry on the line, dancing in the wind

clouds flying by

Comments

Carrie J said…
Great pictures. How do you use the feverfew? My friend uses it in pill form for migraines and I was wondering if she could take it as a tea.
ellemenope said…
Oooh I am jealous of your garden. So far all I have are teeny tiny radishes. Our season is so short and late here.
Patty said…
hi carrie,
You can make a tea out of the leaves after they are dried. You could use them fresh too. About 1 teaspoon dried leaves to a cup of boiling water. Feverfew should not be used if you are on blood thinners.
The Stricklands said…
Patty,
I am so happy that Melanie is out of the hospital and can stay with you during the day. Please tell her that I think of her everyday and am praying for a very healthy year for her and Mei-Ling.
Mary
TJ said…
Wow such a harvest already! It is so cold here, not much is ready for eating. I am eager for the food to come!

Praying for your family, and so glad you are there to support.
Anonymous said…
I love all of your photographs! They remind me how much of an artist our Father is!
Unknown said…
I am happy to hear that Meliane is home with you durning the day. That is wonderful that you are taking care of her. She is lucky to have a great mom like you.

I love your pictures.

Anabella

Popular Posts