Grammie Remembers


Finally got it figured out, I remember now how you get things done with a baby around the house. This morning I got Mei-Ling up, changed and fed her a bottle while I got her breakfast. We sat in the dinning room together eating. I fed her a substantial amount of food, she even had a little tummy sticking out when she finished. Now for her, a substantial amount of food consisted of half a jar of baby food, some cheerios, some raisins and a few ounces of orange juice.
She was content and ready to play. The floors were clean so I let her crawl from the dining room to the living room. That in itself is tiring for a wee one. With 6 surgeries in her one year, she is a few months behind in being able to walk, she walks furniture but not alone yet. I put her in the playpen and headed off to the kitchen to do the dishes, clean the stove etc. After a half hour, I didn't hear her talking so I came in to see what she was doing. Silence can mean they are getting into mischief, but in this case, the wee one was all tuckered out and fast asleep on her pillow. I managed to get lots done, including a bit of blogging. It felt good to accomplish a few things.
Now that I have this all down to a science, she will be going home. But at least I did remember how it all works. Full tummies, lots of play and then a nice long nap. Oh wait, I do remember it doesn't always work that well : ) I am so thankful Mei-Ling is a good baby !
The Doctor has not been in to see Melanie yet this morning, but we all feel confident he will let her come home. She is feeling pretty good except for a headache. Thank you all for your prayers.
Not much news from Steven and his family, they haven't been over since Mothers day...think if mom isn't cooking, this son of mine doesn't come over : ) I should have trained him to come just for a visit even when there isn't a meal !

Comments

Ladybug's Mom said…
I was wondering if you have time to share how you stored all your daughters' clothes that Mei Ling now wears? My mom tried to save some of my things, but when we took them from the attic, they were yellowed and we couldn't get them clean. I have kept some of my favorite outfits that my Ladybug wore in hopes I might have a granddaughter to pass them to. Any advice for how I should store them so they look as fresh and lovely as your things?

Popular Posts