Grabbing a Moment

Needless to say, life has been busy around here. Frankly I am not used to having a little one around 24/7 and I have forgotten how to manage my time when there is a small one in the house. Today, there is so much to do, and on top of that, some worries about Melanie.
Emery came home from work and asked if I would like to have some time in the garden and do my chores. This man knows me so well...I needed some of my outside time, where the greens smell like a summer garden and the soil gets under my nails. Where the soft sounds the goats make while eating, soothes me and how wonderful it feels to have the mist from the hose refresh my face and arms as I fill buckets. I love how the air fills with the smell of onions and peppers when they are picked and how sweet the hay smells when you fill the mangers.
I needed some of that homestead time....
I am blessed beyond words by so much love, and so many things that bring my heart joy


Some of the things that were picked tonight

Comments

... Paige said…
I'm sure all will be well. Peace be with you and everyone
Meredith said…
Beautiful photo, beautiful heart : )

Melanie is blessed to have you--knowing you are caring for Mei Ling so well is surely helping her heal faster.
Dawn said…
What a blessing your hubby is to you! Can't wait to meet the both of you! 29 more days till we are Americanized again :-)

God Bless You!

Popular Posts