The Simple Things

Today I have thought a lot about the simple things in life, the things that don't require lots of worry or money. The things that remain even in the difficult times.
I am so grateful and count my blessings even more so today as I watch my father with Mei-Ling as he was with my own children. Loving, playful and so full of love. Watching him, gives me a glimpse into the kind of dad he was for me when I was a baby.
I am so grateful for all the love that surrounds me. Fills me with something far beyond words.
My husband, my children, my grandchildren, my extended family and friends that have been around for decades are gifts, life's greatest gifts. We don't need fancy surroundings or fancy clothes to take in all this love. We don't need fat wallets or high powered jobs. What we do need in life is the time to sit back and soak it all in.
I need my quiet walks in the gardens or in the pasture to awaken me to the things that count. I need the silence of the morning when prayer can so easily be a conversation with my maker.
I don't need much in externals because my life is so full in other areas. I know I am blessed, no doubt about it. It is the simple things in life that give us the most, if we take the time to comprehend these gifts and appreciate them.

Comments

Victoria (Vii) said…
Such a wonderful reminder to count my blessings!

Popular Posts