Monday Gratitudes










Seems like it's been a while since I have done a Monday Gratitude list. For me, and this is only me talking about me here, when I do things ritually like make a list of gratitude's, it becomes a bit forced and the joy and sincerity of it lessens a bit. Well, maybe its just as sincere, but just a bit less of something. For that reason, I tend to not be regular with things like a gratitude list.
It works better for me when it comes bubbling up like a mountain stream, natural and not forced.
We had a wonderful fathers day. I took Emery out for lunch at the Spiral Diner and we did some shopping early in the day then the children all came by to pay their dad homage and shower him with gifts. We enjoyed a meal and each others company and chatted for a long time. All of this has reminded me of just how grateful I am for family. For the laughter, the memories of the children when they were small. For good conversation. For love, deep and abiding. For telephones and computers so we can be so in touch with Melissa, despite the miles.
I am grateful for my own father, a fine man who is loving and patient and will be driving out to see us this week. The man is amazing, 86 years old and plays golf three times a week and is driving out to see us from Florida. A healthy strong man.
I am grateful for sunflowers and echinacea blooms. For Peppers playfulness. I am grateful for personal growth and a deeper level of understanding of who I am. I am grateful for life and all it gives to us, both good and the not so good, for the not so good things are often our best teachers. I am filled with gratitude for understanding the law of attraction and for knowing the difference between need and want.

Comments

Kelley said…
What a great post of gratitudes Patty!
I am working on my list right now so that I can get it into my journal!

Wishing you a wonderful and blessed day! Ü
Dana and Daisy said…
Healthy parents are a blessing aren't they?
Carole said…
What wonderful pictures... Mei-Ling's dress is really beautiful ! I love it !
And it's good to see Melanie smiling. And talking of smiles, little Elisabeth seems to have her share of them as well, she's really cute !
Yes, you are all really blessed. Warmest thoughts to you all.

Popular Posts