Tuesday Morning Chores

There is a profound blessing in stepping out the back door and greeting nature each morning. The puppy comes running up to greet me, the cats are soon to follow, knowing that they will be fed soon. Today, the kittens came along with momma cat. Only two though, not sure what has happened to the third kitten. I found him later when I was moving some wood. The goats holler at me in their best annoying bawling noise, reminding me not to get side tracked and start wandering around checking out God's magnificent art work. Maybe they saw the camera around my neck, a sure sign they better let me know they are very hungry, before I go hiking off someplace and forget them for a few minutes.
I drift lazily past the little mint and lavender garden. Its perked up since I gave it a good soaking yesterday morning. The summer heat has arrived with vengeance. It was 100 yesterday. There are no potted herbs for me, I like working in the soil that lays on the earth like a blanket of deep brown. I notice lots of red in the garden, tomatoes ready to be picked. Later...on the way into the house I will stop by and pick them, enjoying the smell of the vines. I find several cucumbers too and check the progress on the cabbage and the cantaloupes. Pepper is swimming in her pool, wait, swimming is not the right word, more like "frantically jumping in and out of the pool" might be a better description of what actually takes place. Pepper made a big mistake this morning. She decided to go "play" with the kittens...well, momma cat certainly didn't approve of this new playmate for her young ins and went after Pepper as only a protective mother can. Pepper ended up whimpering away, her tail between her legs. Guess she won't try that again !

Time for me to start the indoor work...the cleaning up the living room which suddenly seems swallowed up in baby things. Grand-baby toys, playpen, all sorts of amusements that encroach on so many corners of a room and eventually spill out into the entire room.
Life is good....no complaints here.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
Pepper is growing! I love the little gray kitty. I always wanted one that color. We've had too much rain. even my birch tree's leaves are turning yellow, I think from too much water, if that is possible. My dog learned to look out for kitties sharp claws, when she saw the paw go up, she'd turn her hind end to the cat instead of taking it on the nose! lol!
Patty said…
I just love this gray kitten but I fear it has its fathers personality which is less than pleasant : (

Popular Posts