The Beauty of the Morning !












This morning is nothing less than glorious, and that's not a word I use often. The dew heavy grass, soft as a cloud under my bare feet and a bit cool which felt wonderful. The sky so blue with "ribs" of white clouds flying high over my head. The sun, the purest of gold shining out from behind a patch of clouds. Shadows here and there, the smell of mint and lavender filling the air as I worked in the mint patch, weeding and singing in my heart. The goats laying in the shade, chewing cuds without a care in the world. The chickens, happy to be let out from the hen house, took up perching on my beautiful bridge. This was not a pretty sight to me, despite making me giggle a bit inside at the sight of it. They just tend to leave "evidence" below them, so I shooed them all away, to which Pepper thought it was time to round them up. There was a bit of a ruckus before Pepper discovered by the tone of my voice, that that was NOT what I wanted her to do.
Farm folk tend to make do with things and an old cooking pot with a broken handle makes a wonderful waterer for the cats, which the chickens enjoy too. They will pass up their fancy made for chickens waterer and head right to this old pot. The grass is always greener in the other mans yard they say, well maybe that goes for waterers too.The peas are coming along nicely as is the rest of the garden. It is a constant battle with the weeds and this week they are winning since I am not out there weeding with my knee still a bit sore, getting better though, much improved.
As I went about my chores, it seemed that everything shown with its own unique beauty, even old worn out farm tools. Just one of those days where Gods gift to me is all that is around me. The ordinary and the extraordinary. The weeds as well as the flowers. The old as well as the new. I feel so unburdened, no worries about what I am supposed to do today or tomorrow, I know what I need to do and know what things I can skip if I want to so I can play with the puppy instead or chat for a long time with one of my children. Mei-Ling might come for a visit and then no work gets done. Playing with babies is the highest priority, those moments are fleeting, they grow so fast and you can't ever get them back. There is no "do over" in a childs life. There is no panic over whats in my cupboards, I can make a meal out of what I have on hand. My children grew up with meals they lovingly called, "clean out the cupboard meals" and would ask if I could remember how to make that meal again because they really liked it. Experimenting is just something that is born out of necessity at times. Know the basics and work from there. Don't be afraid to try new things.
I need to go feed myself, my tummy is rumbling as Pooh would say.
The sky provided me with a perfect exclamation mark stating just how glorious the morning is

Comments

Renee said…
I really enjoy stopping by your blog and viewing your wonderful pictures and reading your words. I come away peaceful and more calm. Thanks!!
mikesgirl said…
Thank goodness you decided to continue your blog! I would not have wanted to miss your uplifting words and photos this morning. That picture of the pitchfork is especially spectacular.
Momzoo said…
I love, love, love your blog. I check it every morning, the pictures are so beautiful and soothing. Kind of makes me want to jump into your world for a little bit!
Marci said…
I loved the exclamation point in the clouds and also the picture of all your chickens on the bridge. =)
Patty, you are a wonderful photographer. You have great material to work with and a super sense of how to put it together. The chickens roosting on your bridge made me laugh out loud. Ah, I hope it warms up and dries out soon, here in northeast Ohio where we are babysitting our flats of unplanted veggies and flowers and herbs!
Unknown said…
Hello, I just recently discovered your blog. Very nice photos and wonderful words.
Dana and Daisy said…
It sounds like the chickens are not the only ones glad to be out of the house! Glad you're getting better.
;-)

Popular Posts