Back To Norm


Ahhh, feeling refreshed and done with my mood to be fancy. Went on a date with my beloved, got dressed up, and since we are babysitting for the weekend, it felt like old times. . . out with a baby !
It was back to tee shirts and a long skirt this morning to do chores. I am not cut out for full time fancy, never have been. But, once in a while its kind of nice to step it up a notch, even when it comes to setting the table for an summer lunch outside.
But, I will always love "simple" the best of all.
Emery is always telling me that he fell in love with a flannel shirt and jean kinda girl, complete with Kalso Earth Shoes on her feet, so there is no need for me to change in his eyes. Seems like I will stay the same old me until the day I die : )

Rockport MA, 1978

Hiking the trail to Bridal Veil Falls, NH 1979
If you are ever in that area its a great little hike. You can find Coppermine Trail off Rt. 116 near Easton. The 80 foot falls are a 2.5 mile hike in.

Comments

Kelley said…
Patty, I too am a simple and casual dresser and I think that I always will be...
I am glad that I am not alone in this Ü!
Wishing you a wonderful and blessedly simple weekend!
I love seeing all the pictures! You were and are an adorable couple!
grbev said…
One of things I love about you, Patty, is your many-faceted personality. It really shows how creative and interesting you are. I too am constantly rearranging the different parts of my life. Seems to meet a need somehow.

I say, "Seize the Day"(and the moment, and the hour!)

Bev
ellemenope said…
I'm glad! To be honest, and no offense please, but that Euro Chic blog really bugs me. She seems pretty shallow: the clothing and eating equivalent of fluffy towels. To each her own of course, but I'll take someone walking into my house and saying it looks comfortable and cozy over chic anyday.
~Bren~ said…
ooooh I LOVED Earth shoes. I had forgotten about them....
Patty said…
Hi Ellemenope,
Yes, she may seem shallow but we really don't know her. Once in a while we need to maybe kick it up a notch in how we appear, that doesn't mean it consumes us, but just we ought to look good for our husbands and for our children. We can glean ideas from many places, but that doesn't mean we take on their personalities or philosophies. I might buy a cooking magazine yet not cook like that all the time : )
em said…
Thoreau was right: "Beware of all enterprises that require new cloths."
And yes, I still wear my 30 year's old Earth shoes - which doesn't say so much about the quality as I very seldom use shoes...
Margaretha

Popular Posts