The Strangest Thing.....

Ever feel like you have been wandering around the desert for 40 years ? I think maybe I have been on that kind of journey for a while, not 40 years but sometimes it feels that way.
Today on my walk, I was praying while I walk, something I often do and it came to me that for the past 15 years or so I have been wandering around the desert, only there was no Moses to guide me. I don't mean to say I was lost, more like there were too many forks in the road and I wanted to take them all and I think I did. But the end of the road was nothing spectacular. This is all on a spiritual sense of course.
For the past week or so, I have felt in almost a tangible way that people are praying for me about a very specific thing. I would tell you it feels as if I can hear their prayers, but you may think I need some mental health so forget I mentioned it !
And these folks are not connected to one another by friendship or anything, but do al share one common thread.
It's just about, to use a very modern term, "freaking me out". I don't use that term ever, so it feels a bit strange to say it, oh yes, I wrote it too, didn't I ?
I can feel them praying for me. That sounds so strange, nutty kind of talk but its the truth and you all know I am honest with my feelings. I am sane, but this is like some kind of supernatural experience .
I feel about the same as when a small child is heading for something they should not touch and the parents divert the child's attention towards something more suitable. Let me explain a bit.... when I am deep in thought and feel pretty close to convinced that I should do something apart from what I am sure these folks are praying for me about, its almost like I cannot think more than 2 seconds in a direction other than what they are praying about. My thoughts are immediately diverted by some unseen force to the direction of these prayers. I have spent most of my adult life praying for others and this time, folks are praying so strongly for me in this matter that I have no ability other than to think on that one subject. Strange circumstances, one after another come my way in regard to this matter too. Its nothing bad, its just maybe the road out of the desert is more clearly marked now. As if all those years of praying, "o.k. God, can't you just show me where you want me to go?" is finally being answered or at least I have to pursue it to make certain. Very strange indeed. Things from long ago, things memorized, things learned are popping up in my head and hitting me over the head like giant truth sticks. Kinda strange.
I have never ever felt the prayers of others so strongly in my life, not even when I have been in my sickbed close to death.
I suspect those who are praying about this for me, think I have no idea what they are doing, but when they read this, they will no doubt have a little giggle as if some great secret has been told.
Thanks guys, you know who you are, and you are really good friends !

"He leadeth me beside still waters.... " Ft Worth Japanese Gardens



Comments

Tina Leigh said…
Oh Patty...the power of the Holy Spirit...aint it grand!
Yvonne said…
How cool is that...you are very blessed.
Marci said…
The Holy Spirit is a very real person at times. I am glad you are listening!!! We all need to do that more.
Gina said…
I don't think it odd at all that you can feel and hear the prayers being said for you. There is nothing "nutty" about that at all. I think it is rather special that you are so attuned as to know that this is happening for you -- and to be so appreciative of it.

Popular Posts