Baby Shopping !

Melanie's baby shower is a week from tomorrow so today we took a trip to BabiesRUs to finish putting things on the registry .
Oh I have never seen so many wonderful baby things ! There was even a bib that said something about going to Grandma's house to have tea. I will have to get that one for sure.
Things have come a long way since my having baby days. So many gadgets and pieces of equipment !
Melanie and Casi are more into holding the baby then in finding places to put the baby so the equipment list is pretty low key for them compared to what is available.
Melanie was willing to pose for me in the dust storm in front of the store. She is a good sport !
She is looking so cute with that baby bump, but can't imagine how big she would be if she went until her real due date, which is the 24th of May.
She has gained only 5 lbs so far. Lost a lot of her own body weight in the early stages and now she eats really healthy stuff and not any fattening junk food. My mother, sister and I never gained more than 25 lbs in any pregnancy. Either its a familial thing or we all just eat super healthy during our pregnancies.
I want to add one thing here. Its a wonderful thing to be close with your grown children. I so enjoy my time with our kids. If you have a less than perfect relationship with your children or they with you, try to fix it if you can.
I know a few people who don't even communicate with their grown children and that is sad.

Comments

bingo~bonnie said…
While they are convient - I agree that holding the baby is better than depending on swings and bouncy seats.

Studies have shown that American babies are held the least amount of time as any other baby in the world! They are only little once!!

I found that my daughter enjoyed me wearing her in my wrap. This webpage will take you to the one I purchased http://www.mayawrap.com/

What I loved was they sent along a free DVD/VHS copy of how to use it and wear it in many differnt positions. Even my husband learned to wear it and would carry her while doing the dishes on his back.

Often, I even used it while breastfeeding in public - a great cover up - and it was great!

Good luck to Melanie and Casi! :) ~Bonnie in SE Texas
bingo~bonnie said…
oh and once you are at the mayawrap.com page click on "learn" and then babywearing to learn about all the benefits to wearing your baby :) ~Bonnie
Patty said…
Hi Bonnie,
We have several wraps and slings for Mei Ling. We all wanted one of our ouw for her : )
That was one of the first things we purchased. I am an old hippy so you can be sure both my daughters and I are into cloth diapering, wraps and the like.
The latest issue of Mothering Magazine is all about how to properly carry a baby in slings and wraps. Its a great issue. I read that magazine when my girls were babies and its fun now reading it for grandchildren.
There is a serious problem in the US now with babies with flat head syndrom, from being put in infant seats, then carted here and there in them with very little break from that one seat. Sad...
We have a fantastic Chinese wrap for Mei Ling for special occasions. ITs soooo pretty.
Roswitha said…
Congratulations
http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/1808_1914.asp
In addition, they also have an informative article here:http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1197.asp
Patty said…
Thanks for the links Roswitha,
Melanie being type 1 diabetic for just about 17 years and hospitalized 4 times in the first trimester for complications due to severe morning sickness, certainly made her loose her own body weight. We actually came close to loosing her from blood sugars so low. Priase God,
her baby is perfectly healthy according to all the tests they have done.
We have been thrilled to see her gain the 5 lbs she has !
I am always assuming people have read from the begining her saga of this pregnancy.
I didn't mean to sound like no weight gain is a good thing. 25 lbs is perfect when everything is normal
Paz123 said…
I am also going to shop at BabiesRUs for my baby with its savvy online coupons.

Popular Posts