Happy February


Hard to imagine, but its February already. That means New Years Resolutions are a month old.
I didn't make any resolutions for the new year but I do have on going goals, they just started before the new year.
Still working out, still struggling with finding the right eating plan for myself that is healthy and yet gives me some flexibility. I gained a couple pounds over the holidays but they are gone but not much headway beyond that. Simply, I lack discipline in being consistent. Eating the "French way", has made a huge difference in portion size for me and has changed so many aspects of my life. But these changes don't make for fast weight loss. I am impatient.
Weight Watchers is great but our leader is less than motivating, so I quit.
Maybe I just need to be more patient with the small changes.
Its another gray rainy day. No sunrise. This has been a very wet winter which is great since we have been in drought conditions for so long. But it sure has put a limit on our hiking opportunities. I do miss hitting the trails.
Tomorrow is ground hog day, wonder if he will see his shadow or not...


First picture is this mornings breakfast
second picture is a great sign at the Spiral Diner, in the ladies room !

Comments

Gina said…
I found my WW meetings and leaders uninspiring as well. I opted for the online version, and I lost 29lbs that way. Perhaps the online version of WW may work for you? You can take a virtual tour of the site. I don't know how interested you are in writing down your food, but it makes it easy to do online.
Unknown said…
Patty, I understand. I did low carb for a month to jump start my diet- I lost 25 lbs. At the end of the month I am back to eating the french way and have increased my activity levels. I am getting in more than 20,000 steps a day- this is anywhere from 9-11 miles a day and about 2 hours or more of aerobic walking. I am losing with the more activity- and at the end of the day I feel better about being active than what I had eaten.
you are doing great..
hugs,debra
smilnsigh said…
Patty and Debra, I wonder what you mean by 'eating the French way'? Do you mean the books by Mireille Guiliano? Or others, who've written about the French 3 meals a day and only the best, in small portions?

I _have_ to have 5 small meals a day. So I can't embrace the only 3 meals. But I do like the rest of the philosophy.

'MN'
Patty said…
Yup, eating the French way is according to the books by Mireille Guiliano.
Anonymous said…
I can't read what is on the sign...can you help me out?
Anonymous said…
never mind thanks...I got it! I like their sense of humor,,,and what a shiny bathroom!

Popular Posts