Moonlight Delight

Once again I feel so alive, so full hope, joy and feeling that same old need to embrace life spherically, with the childlike enthusiasm. I had no idea that the carbon monoxide had stolen so much of my outlook on life. I feel full of energy.
Last night in the moments before hopping into bed, I looked out the back door upon the blackness. There in the middle of the sky, low down near the tree tops, was the moon. It was the color of a glowing orange, like an orange that had a light inside of it. I called Emery to come share it with me. I grabbed the camera, hoping to capture this amazing orb of orange glow, but evidently the color was just for eyes to see and for the heart to feel since in the camera it pales in comparison to reality. But, I kept the picture to remind me. Branches of the cottonwood tree silhouettes against its light.
This magic moment just before bed, gave me such a light hearted feeling. The beauty of nature so changing, so motivating one to a feeling somewhat like love, emotions deep and profound, beyond describing, but always with that anticipation for more of the "wonderful-ness" of it all..

Comments

Nancy said…
I tried a few days ago to take a similar picture. The moon was just GORGEOUS! A giant orange ball in the sky. The photo didn't do well but I still have the picture firmly embedded in my head. And I guess sometimes that's all the photo we need. :-)

Popular Posts