Another Great Day, The Sun Reaches out of the Darkness



This early Texas Spring has me in a great mood, along with the fact I feel incredibly happy lately. Seems like everything in my life is just running perfectly. Good things around every corner. And the difficult things don't seem very difficult. There is always hope.
Waking up each day with this wonderful feeling of expectation, the good kind. As if someone dosed me with endorphins !
I can tell you the date and exact moment when this overwhelming feeling of joy came on, the first time I watched Oprah and heard about "The Secret." Most of you know I am a happy person anyway, except when overcome with carbon monoxide !
But for the first time in my life all my "wonderings" , yes, those never ending thoughts of " I wonder" have ended. I have the answers to all those questions, the life questions, the spiritual questions have been answered for me. If it was a different time and place I would say this was the "Age of Aquarius" as the song says for my life.
The WWBD has had a profound impact on my life too. I know what it feels like to be on the side of the fence that faces ignorant bigotry. There are no faceless people for me now. There is no one that I assume would not like a hello. No one looks unfriendly to me. There are a few that look wounded. At a Taco Bell the other day, there was a lady working there, a black woman in a white white world. She was all business. This is a tough area at time in the color wheel of humanity. I sensed the reason for the all business like. She had been snubbed way too many times. We should be ashamed of ourselves to ever act that way, no matter what color you are or nation of origin. But I started talking to her anyway. In a matter of minutes she was as friendly as if we had know each other for years. We talked about it some while I was getting a refill on my drink. Snubbed so many times, she just doesn't set herself up to experience it any more.
WWBD experiment taught me how painful and ugly prejudice is in any form for any reason. There are so many Hispanics in this area that are made to feel like second class citizens. Often looking down to the ground when white folk pass them in the store. Same thing...ugliness done to them has pushed their chin to their chest. We have created separate worlds by our lack of eye contact and the failure to speak making people different than us appear invisible, along with a million other very un- nice ways. The same thing goes for fat people, handicapped and even our wise aged folks that we should be sitting at their knees asking about what they have learned in life.
Well, this was not what I intoned to write about this morning but it just sort of happened. It just came out. Must have been a reason for that.
Remember that song, Reach out in the Darkness.... well sing it and feel it. Decide to be filled with joy, that abounding joy that knows no color, size or shape. Smell the morning air, the evening air, look up at the sky, look deeply at your hand and determine to use if for tenderness and help.
Pick your words carefully, knowing that what you put out is what you get back. Call that what you will, Karma, laws of attraction, do unto others, all the same thing, just different catch phrases. All the wise men on earth have told us about it. Wonder why so many of us are slow on the uptake ?
The birds are singing, heavenly music, not a one is out of tune. Its a new day or even the end of a day for some, but we can determine to leave a wonderful imprint on the day. Make a list of things you can appreciate about the person you struggle with. Remember what made you fall in love with the person you chose to be beside you for life. Fall in love all over again. Think about that child, now grown that you are not speaking to because you think they are not living according to your religious standards. Remember bringing them into the world, remember their first word, their tiny hands reaching for you. Decide its not all that important to always be right.
Think about your job, make a list of the people your job impacts. If you sweep floors, then think about how you are making a place better for all those people that see it, keeping them safer.

Folks, life is honestly what you make it. You are the one in control of your thoughts. No one can stop me from choosing to think good thoughts. Make all your thoughts positive ! You will feel better.
Here is a song for you to sing, at least hum, today.....(yeah I am dating myself big time with this song but no big deal, I am glad to be my age)
Reach Out in the Darkness by Friend and Lover
( Had to look up who sang that song, and still feel like I must have never known their names)
Lyric:
I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
Reach out in the darknessReach out in the darkness
Reach out in the darknessAnd you may find a friendI
knew a man that I did not care for
And then one day this man gave me a call
We sat and talked about things on our mind
And now this man he is a friend of mine
Reach out in the darkness
Reach out in the darkness
Reach out in the darkness
And you may find a friendI
think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
Don't be afraid of love
Don't be afraid, don't be afraid to love
Everybody needs a little love
Everybody needs somebody
That they can be thinking of
Reach out in the darkness
Reach out in the darkness
Reach out in the darkness
And you may find a friend
I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
I think it's so groovy now
That people are finally getting together
I think it's wonderful and how
That people are finally getting together
The pictures:
sunrise this morning
The sun shining through the window casting a wonderful glow on the closet door
the window
Tuk Tuk, stretching as he greets me.

Comments

Popular Posts