Happy Valentines Day



Three years ago this is what our Valentines day looked like. Today we are expecting snow flurries and its down right cold out. The wood stove needs attention but here I sit, cold hands and cold feet, blogging. What can I say about my priorities !
Not sure what my dear husband has in store for me tonight but he always has some way of making the day extra special. Maybe today is a good day to write about love... its a profound emotion. Fantastic when its balanced with compassion and kindness, and not so good when its not from what I hear.
Emery is and always will be the person that makes my soul feel complete. We both felt almost immediately that our journey to find our soul mate had come to completion.
He is all that I am not. And he says the same about me. In our 28 years of marriage, not once have we gone to bed mad at each other. He has never ever, not once said an unkind word to me.
He works for his family with that same love that Kahlil Gibran writes about in The Prophet. " Work is love made visible".
Our love is new and fresh every single day. Never dull or old. Butterflies leap in my stomach when I see him walk through the door every day, yet there is that comfortable oneness that comes with years of being together, that feeling of being o.k. in each others silence. Feeling secure and safe in this love.
He sees no one else but me in a crowded room and I see no one but him. There is no need for fancy gifts or even tokens of our love, its real and tangible in every look and touch. Love notes are still found on pillows. Giggles and laughter fill the room with just a look, as though we read each others mind. Yet with all this, we are still free to be ourselves, to spend time alone if we want, which is not very often. Neither one of us is the smothering type. That would destroy us. We are free to think and feel the way we want, but it always seems to be compatible.
This is mushy I know, but its honest too.
I am grateful for finding the right one, and being deeply happy each day. Both of us comment on cards in the store meant for husband and wife, so many say things like, "although I don't say it often, I love you". We can't imagine not saying it often. We say it and mean it many times every day. We hold hands as we sit together watching something on TV. We still steal kisses down the empty store isles. Love is great, its beyond words. Its just simply wonderful. I wish with all my heart that everyone in the world was in love, in good love, love that is filled with compassion and of course kindness.

Now a bit of an update on Melanie..... IMelanie and I went to the gym yesterday, she and I swam for over an hour, well we were in the pool that long, not sure either of us swam for nearly that long, then we did Tai Chi class together. I have to tell you that girl just glows ! Everyone who saw her yesterday said so. By the way, she is a natural at tai Chi. Melissa did Tai Chi too, must be in our blood somehow.
She will be going to see her OB/GYN every two weeks, and soon every week. (he is a high risk pregnancy Dr) and she is seeing her other Dr who cares for her Type 1 diabetes every few weeks too. All the Doctors are so pleased with her for the way she is taking such good care of herself. God bless modern medicine and how the treatment of Type 1 Diabetes has come such a long way. It really is a different disease than the type 2 in so many ways.
Melanie is doing wonderfully, blossoming each day. Casi takes phenomenal care of her.
Baby Mei Ling is about 4 lbs now. The Doctor is thinking they may induce her around week 34. So not much longer. That would take her into the 3 week of April I think.
Have her baby shower all planned, decorations bought and some of you have emailed and asked about sending a present for the baby which is so incredibly sweet, if you want to email me at Pasuhi54@msn.com I will provide an address for you.

Thanks for all your amazing kindness blog readers. Happy Valentines Day !

Comments

Gina said…
Happy Valentine's Day. How wonderful that you and Emery still feel the first flushes of love combined with the depth and complexity of matured love. It is a special gift, and it is well worth celebrating.

Popular Posts