Melissa, James and My List of Gratitudes for Monday



The windows and doors are open, warm air gently blowing the curtains. Its a Seals and Croft "Summer Breeze" sort of day, only its spring like and not summer. Be right back, gunna put that CD on, just have to hear it now.... ah yes, that is just the right music for the day.
Happy music, full of love and hope.
Melissa and James went to NYC for the weekend and had a great time. Love the way they embrace life and enjoy it. They have so many good friends from College to visit and go places with.
Fortunately for me, she sends me lots of pictures and calls me to share all about the things they got to see, its a bit like having a piece of their trip.
I cannot say enough, what a blessing it is to have such great young people in my life. We are so blessed to have good relationships with our children. I suspect it's genetic (very big grin and a bit of a giggle)
Seriously, we enjoy our children and how they see the world as theirs to explore.

here is my list for this week....
music, the kind that makes you feel a full range of good feelings.

open windows

blue sky, the color of robin eggs

Emery coming home for lunch and laughing with him for more than a minute over some silly thing, all the while comfortable in lounge chairs looking up at the sky

Freedom

Seeing all the bright colors in the store for summer

Parents that allowed us to stretch our minds

Not being afraid of God

Pink m&m's for the baby shower

Spring flowers coming up through the ground

Strength and vigor

Tweezers for those horrid misplaced hairs that come with menopause

For so many wonderful friends

For looking down and seeing my wedding ring on my finger and remembering so well when Emery put it there and hearing the words, "eternal circle".

Easter Peeps arriving in the stores.

Kite flying

Having peace in my home

Love stronger than words

Dreaming in the green grass again

Being born at a time that allowed me to be forming ideals during the hippy generation.

The way the pine boughs look like they are sweeping the air in the breeze

Honest people

Being able to be open minded enough that I don't stagnate intellectually and spiritually

Knowing Rondi and Sunny again through blogging. I really like them and old friendships are so comfortable and good. I love them for being who they are.

Well, better quit there.
Make your own list and smile while you think about each item. Create your joyful moment and bask in it.


Our sweet Melissa with her husband James, who is honestly a really great person, having fun in NYC


Just for fun,

Summer Breeze,
dedicated to my two sisters who will laugh just thinking about the three of us singing this song in the dinning room, all sure we had the best voices in town !

See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night.
A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

See the paper layin' in the sidewalk, a little music from the house next door.
So I walked on up to the doorstep, through the screen and across the floor.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom. July is dressed up and playing her tune.
And I come home from a hard day's work, and you're waiting there, not a care in the world.
See the smile a-waitin' in the kitchen, food cookin' and the plates for two.
See the arms that reach out to hold me, in the evening when the day is through.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind. .


Comments

Rowan said…
Summer Breeze is a great song isn't it? I've always liked it too. So glad to hear that Melanie is doing well, she looks as though she's blooming now. Little Gabriel is 4lb 6oz now and will be two weeks old tomorrow. It's such a relief to have them both safe and well.
Marci said…
Ah, the song takes me back.... =) I love these pictures of Melissa and her sweety. She has the cutest dimples.

Popular Posts