Time for Flip Flops !



Just love this warm weather. Time to wear my flip flops with pride again ! Sorry : ) Folks that know that story will have a giggle or two and I just had to add that in. That dear phrase, "flip flopping", is timeless really. It popped up again on Elizabeth's blog today .
Funny thing is, I love flip flops. Such a free feeling wearing them. They are so close to being bare foot and feeling the earth under your toes. I think maybe that thought applies to the other reference as well. Hummm.... But flip flops keep the soul right where its meant to be, oh wait, is that sole or soul, maybe it is both kinds . I am so grateful to Elizabeth for this posts inspiration ! Gee, I even said I respected her for her posting about The Secret and in return she uses the flip flop thing again, gosh !
Hey, truth is, I have said all along, I am not a finished work. Gosh, growth is what its all about. When a person is finished, its time to plant some daises over your head.
So ladies and men, in the spirit of growth, pull out those flip flops and wear them with pride. If its snowy outside, just wear them in the house and lift a glass of cheer for those that find flip flopping "sinful"
Strange, the quote, " Mediocrity attacks excellence" comes to mind right now.

My belief in God is as I have said before not stagnant, its open to new concepts and understandings. I am just looking at Him in a much bigger way these days ! Why does that even bother anyone else... wish I knew ? Naw, scratch that, I don't really want to understand that mentality.
Actually I feel kinda bad that she is so worried about my spiritual stability that she went back on her word to keep her blog free from such issues and stick to the pretty home life.

Anyway, to a far more serious subject. Today is deep house cleaning day and time to put away the colors of winter. Love being able to change things with the seasons. I am into brights right now. Last night my gentle man bought me a bunch of new towels along with perfume. He knows me well. Knows what I love. The old towels were looking their age. So I opted for the brightest boldest towels I could find, sorta a reflection on how good I feel. That "on top of the world" happy feeling. Picture Maria on the Sound of Music singing on the mountain top and you will get the idea.
Any way, I am cleaning today for the baby shower Sunday, the deep cleaning kind of cleaning. The music has to be right for this.... nothing dull or dreary.. the kind of music that makes you swing the mop while dancing your heart out. My sister sent me J. Giles Band "Live" Full House, CD for Christmas. Many many years ago I had the album but in time I wore it out, so she kindly replaced this for me. Its a wild bit of music, full of amazing harmonica playing, organ, drums and to be honest I just don't know how to label this music. Think its under the category of Rock but its just not your run of the mill stuff. And I have to be in the mood to listen to it and its not the kind of music you let play over and over, at least not at my age. I may have done that in the 1970's. I have mellowed through time. But when work needs to be done, this is the kind of music that charges the batteries big time and housework is done in record time.
I am getting old, the floors are done, so I put on Donovan, oh so much more me.....Like "Mellow Yellow" and lyrics like " the Sunshine came softly through my window today" ....and lets not forget, "caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within" . Truly profound lyrics, goes well with flip flops.
Then there are lyrics like " Wear your love like Heaven". Love those words but the rest of the words to that song make me think there must have been some sort of mushrooms consumed when it was written. I get lost in figuring it out. But I like the tune !
Life is grand indeed !

Heading to the kitchen for breakfast, Essene bread with fruit and nuts, a big cup of chamomile tea, enjoyed while sitting on the back steps listening to the birds sing and watching the garden grow.


Looking down at my very own flip flops on my feet, in the sweet green grass
My new towels. Love all those colors, just like the street scene from "Bride and Prejudice" hummm, said last year I wanted those colors in my house....must be the law of attraction at work.

Comments

Mrs.T said…
Please don't let other's upset the balance that you have found..

I'm learning to go by this..
" Your opinion of me is none of my business"
So far so good :)

Have a Blessed Day

Denise in sunny TN
Patty said…
Nope, no one can upset my profound joy, but after chatting with a few shrinks about this persons actions, it was suggested to me that they needed to be confronted each time for their own accountabilty issues. Most times I leave it alone.
My joy remains complete. Love that quote. Love it !
Marci said…
I don't know who "Elizabeth" is, but I must not read her posts.

I LOVE the picture of your BARE feet in the GREEN grass. Oh, you are making it hard to wait for spring. Maybe I should put my flip flops on and go stand in the snow and take my picture!!!! =)
Patty said…
Marci, I am sure a few steps in the snow with flip flops on would be therapeutic, like a foot bath in cold water. I am going to be checking your blog for a picture !!!!

Popular Posts