Gram's Valentines Day Cards


A Valentine
Grace Noll Crowell

I found an old, old valentine
Of my mother's yesterday;
An age stained, lacy, lovely thing
That she had put away
Between the covers of a book;
And as I touched it there,
I saw her young and beautiful,
The sunlight on her hair,
The love-light in her dark, young eyes
That years could not destroy:
And through the paper lace there walked
My father as a boy.

Somewhere along the heavenly lanes
Today, their eyes ashine,
I think he asks her once again
To be his valentine.

These are valentines day cards that belonged to my grandmother.



Comments

smilnsigh said…
Oh these are beautiful! What a treasure.

'MN'
Kelli said…
So beautiful!!
Kelli
Sunny said…
They are incredible!
Rowan said…
What beautiful cards these are, you are lucky to still have them as mementos of your mum and grandma.
Peggy said…
Happy Valentine's Day. I love your grandmothers cards. How wonderful that you have them.
Marci said…
They are so pretty and intricate. Were they all from the same person to her?
La Tea Dah said…
Happy Valentine's Day, Patricia!
Deb said…
What a beautiful collection of Valentines. How wonderful that they once belonged to your grandmother.

Popular Posts