The Joy of Orange !



After a busy day working outside, well there was that half hour of laying in the sun in my lounge chair next to Emery in his, but other than that, it was a full day of working in the garden, so we needed a bit of energy this afternoon.
As most of you know, I am not into kitchen machines much. Rather put my own muscles to work but there is one kitchen machine I am sure I could not live without. My Champion Juicer.
With great affection I put it to work today. Its over 20 years old now but still works fantastic. Has a few nicks and dings in the paint after all these years, but I still love the thing. It gets so much use, probably more in the warmer part of the year since we use it to make banana "ice cream". Frozen banana's pushed through the juicer with the homogenizer on.
Today though, carrot juice mixed with Orange juice was on the menu. Its a real good pick me up sort of drink.
I juiced 5 lbs of carrots and 15 oranges. We ended up with two huge glasses of juice and plenty to put in the refrigerator for tomorrow.
When I was making the juice I remembered how nice this machine is for making baby food. Always thinking about grandbabies these days !
An old family friend, the Champion Juicer
A bowl of Orange juice and a bowl of Carrot juice
All bottled up for tomorrow

Comments

Marci said…
Wow, that is really orange. Do you combine them or drink them separately?

I am glad you had sun to lay in. I keep feeling like spring is right around the corner here!!! =)
Patty said…
I combined them, it sorta takes the taste of the carrot juice up a notch. Its great used with vanilla ice cream for a smoothie.

Popular Posts