A Gorgeous Day




As if a gift from God, the day broke into a vibrant blue cloudless sky. Not a cloud to be seen in any direction. Its warm enough to go outside in short sleeve, another wonderful day. I can't help but feel heaven smiling down on us, giving us the possibility of opening the house up one more day to clear out all that carbon monoxide. Yes, it is a gift from about to have this warm (for February) bright day.
I walked this morning, but purposely left the camera at home, so that my time could be spent in quiet meditation rather than have my eyes darting here and there for a good shot.
When I got back from my walk, it was time to wander around our land, see the earliest signs of spring. Tiny buds on the trees, showing life once again, awakened after a long deep winters sleep.
Grass, green and each blade heavy with the life giving moisture from the winter rains. Even Solomon, was feeling spring like today, his wings flapping as if he could lift his heavy body off the ground and soar. A wish perhaps, maybe more of a dream. Poor old rooster, so old now, yet the warm bright day has given him some sense of what he used to be like. You can see it in the way he was strutting around this morning.
The table linens from last night, washed and hung on the line, flapping and blowing like sails on some great ship. It seems I am full of dreams and imagination on this day too. When I was walking today, I passed a small field, my nose catching the slightest scent of sweet grass. I lingered, breathing deeper, inhaling that delightful smell. Its one of my favorite smells. I can remember being a child and driving past some great field in the country, newly mowed, all sweet grass. I have in my adult life, purchased many sweet grass braids, sniffing them intently, recapturing that long ago moment in time of passing by that newly mowed field. Scent is a powerful thing, its so tied with memories and strong emotions.
I am off to Tai Chi this afternoon. My mood has been greatly lifted with the absence of that nasty noxious carbon monoxide gone. Of course the blue sky and the warm temperatures help some too.

Comments

SuBee said…
Gee, you just sent me hurtling back 45 years, laying in the warm grass watching ants and soaking up the smells of grass, warm dirt and Grammas laundry hot in the sun. What a great pick-me-up! TY!
Gina said…
Beautiful photos as always. I'm so glad you are able to continue to air out the house. How frightening! I'm going to get a monitor tonight.
Can you buy braids of grass?! New-mown grass is one of the most wonderful smells I know. So glad it doesn't make me sneeze like some poor folk.
Patti said…
Commenting on your comment Patty - I KNOW you have a UFO at least that old, if not older. The feathered star UFO I sent you last year is at least that old!

Do you know that since you switched to the new version of Blogger we can no longer reply to your messages because your email address is hidden. That setting doesn't carry over. You need to reopen your profile and reset it to display your email address.
Anonymous said…
Dear Patty: I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your journal so much. I check it a couple times at work when I have free time. What you write about and the pictures of your life make my day a little more enjoyable. Work can be so awful sometimes but you give me a lift. Thank you!
Nickie said…
*sigh*

that was wonderful.

what a great day you had and the shots of the laundry and chickens were awesome.

Im envious, its cold, dark, and snowy here!
Lucy said…
I love how you wrote this down. Feels like that we both walk over your property
Jenny said…
Don't you just love it when you can almost smell spring in the air.

Popular Posts