Many Blessings

Tonight my good friend Nancy came over for supper with three of her children. What a blessing it was to have them here. We chatted and laughed. I have known Nancy for just about 15 year. She is one of the first Mennonite ladies I met and it was instant friendship for both of us. We discussed the old books she brought over for me to read and also the ones she took back with her, that I had finished reading. She finds the best Victorian era books, that are full of goodness and ethics.
We had a nice cup of Earl Gray tea after dessert and had more of a chat.

Casi and Emery worked on Casi's truck as soon as their food was finished. I just love seeing them work together. Something good and right about a young man working along side his father in law.

Tuk Tuk followed me into the hen house today when I was gathering eggs. The sun peeking out from the clouds just long enough to cast a wonderful shadow on his sweet face. Of course I had my camera with me. Its really those simple moments, the ones so comfortably ordinary like Tuk Tuk in the shadows, or just a simple meal with friends, those are the real blessings to life. The very things that make you feel full to overflowing with gratitude for the life you have.
Then add things like a wonderful loving husband, fantastic children, outstanding health, lots of energy, and growing up with parents that made you feel loved every second of every day. You just can't beat those kinds of gratitude's, that are profound blessings.

The wind is blowing, storms are on the way. Comes with the warm weather we have been having. Hope I get to sleep before the bad stuff arrives.

Life is abundantly good !

Comments

Popular Posts