Being Possitive


I used to be embarrassed to say I watched Oprah every day. There is this perception among the masses that watching Oprah is like sitting down with bon bons and watching soap operas. Not that Oprah is like a soap opera, but that the time spent watching it shows a life of "not much else going on". I disagree with that mentality, Oprah has changed so many lives by her show.
There is another part of me avoids saying too much about the show just so I don't hear the flak from the fundamentalist out there who say she is "off the mark" (I am being polite and not saying what they really say) this group of people, are so good at judging. So good at throwing stones. I don't agree with that mentality either.
Yesterday was about the book and DVD called The Secret. Personally it put a name on the philosophy I have practiced for years. What you put out comes back to you. Thinking positive makes positive things come back to you. I have seen it over and over in my life.
What you put out in thought, is what you get back. Deciding you hate to do something, makes it so you don't even find a grain of joy in that task. Deciding you feel ill, makes you feel more ill.
Deciding you are going to have a fantastic day, makes you look for every single ray of sunshine and acknowledge every tiny blessing. Notice the reaction towards you when asked, "how are you today? " and you say something like, "wonderful" "Amazingly fantastic, thanks !" Think about when asked that same question and you say something like, "hanging in there", "alright, I guess". You get back what you put out there.
In my life I have always assumed things will work out and that good things will come my way, and they have. Even the tough, not so pleasant happenings have served as amazing teachers. Each hard thing has made me more authentic, more of the me I am supposed to be. Sometimes I am slow in learning and don't get the lesson right off and have to go through the same kind of hard thing a few times, but when I "get it" I see the blessing in it.
Even the folks that have given me a hard time on the blog are wonderful amazing teachers. I sincerely thank them. One of which often posts on her own blog the very same subject I had written about a few days prior. She reads my blog and I am thankful for that. That is the most profound flattery.
I used to read her blog as if some sort of watchdog. How silly, now I read it just to read it.
I can now look at her with appreciation and a kind heart, for she made me grow beyond where I was a while ago.
My in-laws have pushed me by their dysfunction to look for ways to deal with them, thank you in laws !
I found ways to cope by searching for ways to not react to stuff that is not worth reacting to. To feel pity for their issues that drive their behaviors.
I have many lessons yet to learn, but can look on them in a positive light.
So much to reach for, so much to believe is good. So much waiting to be discovered.

Go out and get a copy of The Secret, read the book or watch the DVD. Worth the time and it will change your thinking. Be open minded. Learn from those who have embraced this way of looking at life.

My last plane ride

Photo taken Last June in Massachusetts,



Comments

Unknown said…
Pat, I watched this episode yesterday and it made a big impact on me. I loved the comment " nothing new will come your way until you are grateful for what you have already."
Shellie said…
Patty, I watch Oprah too. And the fact is, there are often very interesting and useful segments on there.

I have to second the notion of getting what you give. I'm not always good at practising being positive but I have enough experience with it to know it's true. If ya act sick, you'll just and up feeling lousy. If you're gossipy, expect others to do the same to you. If you always look at the negative side of things, that's all you'll ever see.
smilnsigh said…
I found 2 books with this name, when I searched.

Do you mean 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne? Or 'The Secret: Unlocking the Source of Joy and Fulfillment' by Michael Berg?

Please and thank you.

'MN'
Patty said…
Yes, 'MN' "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. The DVD is even better than the book.
Patty said…
Yup Shellie, You are 100% right on that.
smilnsigh said…
"Yes, 'MN' "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne."

Thank you. With this info, I put a hold on the CD in my library system.

'MN'
Unknown said…
Patty, We watched the dvd last night. I know this will change us forever. We kept pausing it and bouncing thoughts off of eachother.. We talked about scriptures, how we have seen the law of attraction work in our own lives. It was an amazing evening. I can't wait to see what lies ahead for our family
Patty said…
Debra, the book on cassette is wonderful to listen to while working or running.
Unknown said…
thanks for the tip Patty I will check into getting the book- jeff loves to listen to books on tape while doing his computer work or while on the road. we watched the dvd online but immediately after viewing ordered the dvd so we could see it again. I can't wait for it to get here.

Popular Posts