Brunch On the Back Steps


My meal time of choice lately has been brunch. I seem to forget to eat breakfast and by 11:30 my stomach reminds me and its just a tad earlier than when I normally eat lunch, so brunch it is.
My meal itself seems to have taken on a routine, a comfortable one. I just love fruit and nut essene bread. In California, my friend would set her dough on the roof and let it slow bake in the sun. It was the best stuff. I tried making it that way once or twice and it was fantastic. But, now I buy mine at the health food store. Maybe I will try making it again . Along with the bread, I had a few Brazil nuts, 4 gives you plenty of selenium, a tiny handful of Goji berries and a couple pieces of candied ginger for a treat. Tea at my side in my favorite mug. It has a spiral on the inside of the bottom. Its fun to see them when you are finishing your tea. Makes me smile.
While sitting on the steps enjoying my simple meal, the wind chimes next to me moved ever so slightly, making a wonderful sound. They are huge chimes, people say they sound like church bells when the wind is blowing. My gentle man gave them to me for Christmas, he knows me so well, another smile. We love each other so much !
It's just a beautiful day no matter which direction I look. From my seat on the steps I could see the collard greens growing huge in the garden. We had fresh greens all winter long. Love that.
Time to walk away from the computer and get myself ready for Tai Chi. That is the best exercise I have ever done, no sore muscles after it and this profound feeling of peace creeps over you, and at the same time you are bringing in so much energy. There are people in my class that could hardly walk when they first started and now they have pep in their steps !

Comments

Popular Posts