What A Great Birthday !



Where to begin ???? Well after receiving many many emails and ecards, along with snail mail cards, I was handed the check book this morning and told to go have fun at Goodwill. Unbridled shopping !
I left the house at 7:45 this morning and got home at 8 tonight. Got taken out to lunch and taken out to supper, did shopping in between, some for the wedding. I have decided to do the flowers myself, so needed to get some supplies for that.
I came home to roses, perfume, beautiful yarn and told to be on the lookout for a big box from Lehman's. I suspect a ruby red kerosene lamp ! You know how you just know things you are not supposed to know.
And then I get to have birthday all over again on Friday, so this lady is enjoying turning 52 quite a bit.

Goodwill shopping was fun. Got there before the store opened and only the most serious bargain hunters were standing waiting for the doors to be unlocked. I was about the 5th person in the store. Had to let all the elderly ladies go ahead of me of course.
Found a little dolls table, two cute framed pictures for the pink and white guest room. Some wonderful old issues of Ideal Magazine. Such good poetry and photos. Stories that warm you to the core of your being. A few more books, one an old edition of Anne of Green Gables. Some clothes for me, a couple prairie style dresses for some cute little girls I know, complete with aprons that are long and button all the way down the back. Someone took a lot of time making these dresses and aprons. A shirt for Emery for winter. A heart shaped wooden shelf to do rosemaling on and a few more goodies. I was most pleased with my purchases.
Now I feel a bit like Berenstain Bears, Too Much Birthday and just want to go to bed. Oh forgot to mention, some fabric attacked me at Hobby Lobby and MADE me purchase it !
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes.

birhday cards lined up on the piano

Roses and perfume from Emery

The Fabric that attacked me and made me buy it

Comments

Genuine Lustre said…
Your family really knows what you like Patty. Wishing you many more.
Inga said…
Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry that I didn't visit your blog yesterday, but our modem had died during a thunderstorm when we were on holiday. I understand that your birthday was great.
Sandra said…
I love that fabric. What are you going to make with it?

It looks like you had a good birthday too!
Anonymous said…
Don't you just hate it when the fabric yells at you LOL. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
Unknown said…
Sounds like you had a great day, birthdays are fun it is your own special day...Huggles Tina

Popular Posts