How A Quilter Lays New Tile

Emery came home at lunch to find me laying our new kitchen and back hall flooring. Its nothing extraordinary as that would not suit my conscience. Its nice and clean looking and was quite a good deal. At any rate, he had a good laugh since my technique was not exactly traditional. I was using what every quilter knows about to make straight cuts and good corners. My rotary cutting rulers and a good pair of old sewing scissors. ( I didn't have an old rotary cutter on hand, so scissors had to do the job).
This quilting method of laying vinyl tile is working wonderfully. Everything matching up just so nicely.
The walls are almost all painted. Just need help moving the freezer so I can paint behind it.
Tomorrow the search begins for the perfect art work to hang in this freshly painted room. Shall it be Tuscan or Country French ? That is the question.

The tools of my morning job next to my new "thing" yet to be hung on the wall to hold some pots and pans

Comments

Reviekat said…
You are an ispiration! The flooring looks nice and I like your new hanger. I can't wait to see the whole kitchen put together!
Kelli said…
What a great idea! You are going to have some straight floors!! I can't wait to see it finished.

Kelli

Popular Posts