The Kitchen is almost done



Although I am not finished with the kitchen, over the sink area needing to be done and the area next to the stove is not completed as yet, I thought I would give you a sneak peek. Still waiting for my pictures to go over the table, so have a stand in for now.
Its a simple kitchen, a farm kitchen. I like how bright and clean it looks and its easy to work in, not much clutter.
However, not much on the cabinet space either but you get used to working with things that way. No dishwasher except me, no garbage disposal, we have a compost pile. No bread machine, no fancy stuff at all. Well, I do have a Champion Juicer and that's pretty fancy in my estimation. I don't even have a coffee maker. I use a percolator or my French press.

Cast iron pans hang from the wall. Stainless steal too. None of that non-stick stuff for me and none of that silicone stuff that is sure to put off some sort of gas when you use it. I am sure in twenty years or so they will be talking about how bad it was for you to use.
Just glass containers for storage, no Tupperware or plastic food storage things. Wax paper over bowls, kept in place with rubber bands. It works.
Too much talk about plastics leaching off into your food. I would rather ere on the side of caution.

I love my cast iron pots and pans. Who needs to go to the gym to lift weights when you use cast iron pans. Its a work out just washing them ! No flabby arms for me. When I make Krumkakas using my cast iron krumkaka iron, flipping it to cook each side, I always joke that no one needs to open jars for me My arms and hands are strong as can be.

Breakfast this morning in my kitchen. Darkness chased away by lantern light. Steaming hot Pero fills my cup and eggs fried, gathered last night, now on my plate.

Comments

Reviekat said…
Oh Patty, I love how bright and cheerful your kitchen is looking! I can't wait to see the rest of it. :)
Patti said…
The kitchen is looking just beautiful. It's exactly the way I picture your kitchen looking.
Tracey said…
So you decided to keep your cast iron after all? SMART MOVE! :o)

Popular Posts