This is NOT what I should be doing !


Its less than two weeks until the wedding.
Today is Casi's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASI ! !

Tomorrow is mine.
There are rooms to prepare for guests, there is bread to be baked, special foods to be prepared, yet I sat on the floor looking through old knitting books and dreaming up new projects for the fall. I sat at my wheel and did some spinning. Sitting on my little stool that I painted last year, I mused how it would be nice to do rosemaling on shutters for the house. 13 window, 26 shutters... humm. While the wheel spun round and round in front of me, my foot quietly keeping the treadle going, I dreamed of designs for shutters and for kitchen cabinet fronts. My kitchen is too plain for me now, I want more color. Maybe once all my Toftey tiles are up over the sink, it will help. A bit of rosemaling here and there would make me happy. More pine trees planted out back would give me a tiny forest, a few well placed Tomte among the trees and I would feel I had life complete. I have collected and made Tomte, Nisse, whichever you like to call them, for years. Oh, I found a pattern for a knitted tomte today, have not been able to find a good flesh color sport weight yarn for his face though, so that pattern was filed in the "must look for yarn" project file.
Ceiling fan lights need cleaning, floors need waxing, but still I find myself totally preoccupied with knitting, wool, fabric and paint.
Such is the life of a dreamer !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Even though you have other things to do right now, I'm sure it feels good to let out your creative side for a little while :-) You have some lovely old knitting patterns there - roll on winter!

Popular Posts