Sipping Limonchello


With this hot weather, limonchello really hits the spot.
Sipped slowly of course, as its a bit strong and certainly served with lots of ice. Melissa was not quite sure about it at first but loved the lemon scent so gave it a try. Sure enough, she enjoyed it very much.
It ended up that I made a gallon of it. So shared a by giving a bottle to a dear friend of mine.
Its good stuff, even if I do say so myself
Its just one more of those homestead arts, making your own brew ! Next it will be trying my hand at making mead.

Anyone have experience making Mead ?


Comments

R. Aastrup said…
So...I was channel surfing last night and stumbled on that lovely movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" just at the part where she is having dinner with Marcello and his family...and they are drinking limonchello. I thought of you, knowing you love both the movie and the drink. Say "Hello" to Debbie for me!
Limoncello brings back memories for me as we honeymooned in Sorento! Re: Mead - visit selfsufficientish.com...those boys know a thing or two about homebrew...
The Mead they sell here in the UK tastes divine! Smooth and sweet and very easy on the stomach.
Patty said…
I am determined now to give mead making a try. Its almost impossible to find in the stores here and when you do its terribly expensive.
Plus I have plenty of honey on hand, usually we have a 5 gallon bucket on hand.

Popular Posts