And the Winner Is..........


And the winner is... Su Bee http://pieces-of-time.blogspot.com/ guessed right !
My own photos. Emery and I hemmed and hawed over what to hang up for pictures in the kitchen. One of us liked Tuscan, the other French Cafe, then we both decided, neither theme spoke about the things we loved deep inside and our kitchen is a place where we sit and talk and plan things. Its the same place that holds echoes of children learning at the kitchen table. Its the place where baby animals were cared for in cardboard boxes and where baby goats stayed warm by the stove in their baby play pen.
Its almost could be said to be the heart of our home. Many hours of girls laughing doing dishes, of cooking lessons, and of young men consuming huge amounts of food.
So after really thinking about it, Emery and I both came up with the idea of having pictures of home.
The big prints are still being framed that will go over the table. But the small ones in the pictures here give you the idea of what will be on the walls. Later I will post some pictures of the freshly painted kitchen.
I am almost embarrassed in that womanly way, that my kitchen is not fancy, no stone counters, old cabinets, a circuit box visible above the stove. No expensive flooring. It comes complete with crooked walls and low ceilings. Nothing square in this old house at all, the floors have slightly visible hills and valleys. Its a humble home. A simple home.
But then I remembered something.... this little house so filled with love, doesn't need to be perfect or brand new looking. Its fine just the way it is. I had all the other and we left it, trading it all in for the simple life where things remain simple.

Su Bee, email me privately
pasuhi54@msn.com and give me your address so I can mail you off your simple little prize.
Thanks ladies for making this game fun. So many emails came I was a bit surprised !

Sorry for the less than glamorous shots, its been a busy morning so they were taken a bit hastily. Its only 19 days till the wedding !!!

Comments

SuBee said…
Oh, I'm so glad that you chose to use your own prints - what is more meaningful and more beautiful? What a wonderful choice! Can't wait to see pictures of the completed kitchen - I've been invisioning it.
Thank you!
Kelli said…
What a wonderful choice. Your photos are perfect for your new kitchen! They look very nice in the frames! I am waiting patiently to see the whole room. :0)
Kelli
Tina Leigh said…
I love this idea & from what I can see your pictures are beautiful! Who wouldn't want these pictures in their home...you should duplicate & sell!!!

Popular Posts