Log Cabins, Wedding Favors and Sewing



It certainly has been a busy weekend. Here it is technically Monday morning and I am just now getting some time to write on my blog for more than a few lines.
Saturday I took the ladies out to see Steven's house and land. He has made amazing headway in redoing the place over. Its looking so nice. His furniture has arrived and waiting for when the floors are all done in the house.
On the way to Stevens place, we stopped off to see some of the new cabins being made at Ulrich Barn Builders where Emery and Casi work.
I am in love with this one cabin we looked at. It would be a dream cabin for me on a piece of quite land way out in no-wheres land. Its finished out so pretty. If you need a cabin built or a small barn, be sure to check out Ulrich's barns on the web at
http://www.ulrichbarns.com/ . The workmanship is 100% quality. Yes,I am unashamedly giving them a plug !
Today I made three purses for us ladies and did some more wedding sewing. Will take pictures tomorrow. Too tired tonight to take any.
Melissa, Debbie and Jan filled the favor bags with mints while I sewed. Its great having so much help here now. Its just like what I wrote about Women Grinding Wheat Together. Accomplishing things together is so much more than just sipping coffee together.
Imagine its just 5 days till the wedding now. I am going to do the flowers myself and that should be fun, a very creative experience I am sure. Supposedly we are having a "cold front" come through this week, taking the temperatures out of the triple digits, placing them in the high 90's instead. At this point I am grateful for any relief from the high heat.
On the weather last night they said, no place in the whole United States is as dry as it is right here in North Texas right now. Our ground moisture is extremely low. It feels it.
Corn fields are just dried yellow stalks, standing tall and brittle. Reminders of the weather this year.
Time for me to head to bed. More in the morning....

looking at the cabin from near the front doorway

looking down the stairs of the cabin

Steven taking a minute from working to tell us about what he plans to do around the fireplace of his home.
He wants to put in a log wall around the stone. Mom really likes that idea !

Comments

Hi Patty

Wow, that Texas heat - it makes you wonder how the old settlers managed. They were made of tough stuff I suppose. I'm sure you'll do a lovely job of the wedding flowers, it's nice to hace things so personal at a wedding.
Tina Leigh said…
Patty the cabin IS a dream!! Danny & I talked about building one once. I wish we had many times!
Marci said…
I really like what little bit you can see of Steven's house. I love that log cabin too.

Is that your sister or your friend in blue in the cabin?

Popular Posts