Dry Summer



This summer has been one to remember. In all the years we have lived on this land we have never seen cracks in our soil. There is now a large, deep crack that runs along the back of the out buildings. Our trees are loosing leaves, and plants have all withered.
Today on the sign outside of my husbands shop read 114 for the temperature.
I am so looking forward to fall time with cooler temperatures, crisp air, the smell of the woodstove smoke and watching the way it curls up into the sky.
Planting a fall garden and having my fingers in the rich brown soil. Sweaters, wool socks and laced up boots.
Soups and pans of steaming hot Indian pudding topped with fresh whipped cream.
Cool nights, quilts pulled up around my neck as I sleep. Long flannel nightgowns.
And of course some rain.

Tomorrow morning a trip to the airport to pick up my dad and my sister Sandy.

Cracks in the soil
Dried Grape leaves on the vine
A dried up lily

Comments

PS: I forgot to tell you in my first comment that I did start my own blog. Thanks for the recommendation in your e-mail.

It WAS easy.

Looking forward to wedding pictures posted soon. I'm sure you are crazy busy this week.

Popular Posts