No House Cleaning Today


O.K. all you quilting ladies, something has happened to me since reading all your blogs. I think I have a problem, something akin to an addiction. I took the plunge and decided to try my hand at some piecing that requires squares smaller than 10 inches ! I have in the past made mostly traditional Amish quilts. Well of course I am not good at this yet, and things don't always match up perfectly but I am plugging away at it. Today I pieced 9 blocks. Its like I could not leave this project alone. I did nothing much else. Some laundry and my animal chores, had lunch, but the rest of the time was spent in cutting and piecing. Promise not to laugh too much about my not so perfect piecing, so I don't get discouraged !
Here they are, all 9 blocks.

Comments

Granny said…
Patty: Your blocks look great! I think we've been a bad influence! :)

Judy L.
Leah Spencer said…
It's a beautiful quilt! I like the color arrangement. You'll be a pro in no time at all! :)
Unknown said…
What a lovely arrangement of colors!
My weakness is 'chopping up fabric' and 'sewing little pieces together' until I have nice, small quilts. THEN ... I fold them and put them onto a shelf, NEVER have hand quilted a quilt. I have tied many but seldom finish anything.
This group of mavericks have gotten me to the point of being ready to finish a bunch of them.
SO ... you can break tradition and do this. Give it time to feel natural.
Cindy B.
Carolyn said…
Patty, your blocks look beautiful...the colors are wonderful and I love the simplicity of the design. I enjoy your blog so much, thanks for taking the time to share your life with us!
Tracey said…
Patty, you have done a wonderful job on that quilt! Sorry that we were a bad influence on ya! LOL! But look what you have to show for it! :oD You're a natural!
Anonymous said…
Yes, quilting can be VERY addictive. I am guilty of letting this obsession get the better of me so I have neglected my family from time to time. However, there is always a balance to life, we just have to find it. "everything in moderation" even extends to quilting :-)

Popular Posts