Fat Quarters $1 tomorrow !



I got an email notice that the local quilt shop will be having a special sale tomorrow. ALL fat quarters will be $1. Well, I went to bed dreaming about fabric. No lie, its the truth. I dreamed about calico's in all shades of every color imaginable. I think part of my dream had a light pink calico sky. Seriously ! Over pizza last night, I sweetly asked DH for some extra money for tomorrow. He asked how much, and I knew the first person to mention a figure often looses out so I said, " whatever you think I would need to get enough fabric for quilts for EVERYONE for Christmas." It was the right answer, since he offered more than I would have asked for. Today I worked on a simple 9 patch for a quilt block exchange. A Texas theme since they will head out across the nation. The amazing news is, all the squares matched up perfectly ! That is progress for me. I made 20 of them this morning. I forgot to eat breakfast, so am thinking this new addiction to quilting may indeed be a diet plan. Maybe I should write a book about this new diet plan. "Sew Thin !" could be the title.
Here is a picture of the blocks laid out on the bed. Oh not much house work got done today : )

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
You are having so much fun! I love your quilts! Maybe if I could stop my new addiction to blogging I could get some quilts done myself! Keep having fun! They look beautiful!
Tracey said…
Oh Patty...you are SO hooked on quilting now! Isn't it FUN?!?! :oD I think you're onto something with the "Sew Thin" book.
Have fun picking out those fat quarters!! Make sure to share pics of what you came home with too!
Carolyn said…
Somehow I've never managed to forget a meal while quilting...maybe I'm doing it wrong? :o) Congratulations on your new found love of quilting...it's been my sanity for a very long time now!
Anonymous said…
Forgetting to eat a meal while you are sewing??? Boy, you've got Quilt Pox real bad!!!

Popular Posts