It Rained Today


















This morning I awoke to something strange. There were droplets of water falling from the sky. I heard its called rain, but its been so long I forgot what it was. It ended up just being a trace of rain that fell but it made everyone feel a bit hopeful that perhaps the weather pattern is changing. Later in the morning there was some loud noise and a bit of earth shaking as the seismic crews did their testing. Our area is rich with natural gas and gas wells are popping up all over the place. I am not a fan of these wells but its not up to me to decide where they go.As always, it was a busy day here. Some sewing this morning, and I cut out a warm flannel slip to wear but have no idea if I will ever need it this winter since its been so warm.
I had to make a trip to the store. Both my husband and daughter are sick with some stomach bug. They needed some Gatorade. Above and beyond those things, there are the normal chores of the day, for which I am thankful to have the energy and health to accomplish. It allows me to work with a song in my heart. I bought onions to plant today. Seems strange thinking about planting this early. It usually February before we plant anything.We are still enjoying cabbage, broccoli and collards from the garden. Tonight will be a simple supper of hot biscuits and home made cream of broccoli soup. No one felt like a big meal.
As the evening came on, the lamps were lit and curtains closed. A good night to get cozy and read a book. A bit ago when I was locking up the chickens for the night, I took the camera with me and took some pictures of the things around me. Simple things. Everyday things. Things filled with the beauty of familiarity and simplicity. I feel so blessed to live the life I have always wanted.

Comments

Christine said…
Wasn't the rain wonderful! Did you see the lightning storms? I love living in the prairie!
Finn said…
Hi Patty, so glad you got some rain. If you'd care for any of our snow or NW winds today, I'll send the southwest to you..*G*

Love the fabric you had to have, good for you. They are lovely. And wanted to tell you, the covers of the Countryside magazine bring back memories..*VBS* We subscribed for years and years back in the early 1980's..clear back to the tiny black and white publication. But we sold our small holdings(20 acres near the bay of Green Bay) and moved to western WI to live in town. The kids loved the homestead life style as I did, but DH had different plans. Your pics looks great on their cover, thank you for sharing..Hugs, Finn
La Tea Dah said…
You've been quiet today. I hope you aren't ill also. If so, I hope you are feeling better soon. I missed you posting today. :)
Granny said…
Patty, hope you all get more rain soon and hope the family is feeling better!

Judy
Anonymous said…
Patty, many of your photos are like art - they could belong in any exhibition! The white flowers against the wooden fence is a stunning one!

Popular Posts