Gnomes and Me



I love Gnomes, also Tomte. They are just so cute. I have been collecting Rein Poortvliet Gnomes for nearly 30 years and have many Swedish Tomte. When I came across this German embroidery of gnomes or elves I was so excited. The hand work on this piece is remarkable. It dates back to the 1930's and is meant to be hung on the wall. Its a good size piece measuring 36" x 20". It hangs in our hallway and I grin every time I pass by it. I found this piece for sale from a Gnome museum in Germany that was closing down and selling off their collection.

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Oh, so very beautiful and quirky! I can see how it would create a daily smile --- each time you passed it!
Lucy said…
Beautifull!!
And Rien Poortvliet is dutch :c) I have also the gnomebook from him ! The pictures are great

Popular Posts