A Garden Surprise


This morning as I went to gather some garden goodies I had a bit of a surprise. Down at the end of the broccoli bed was cauliflower. Now I knew there was something growing down there that was not broccoli but had no idea what it was. Seems as though one of the plant packs had been mislabeled and we had something growing that was a mystery plant. I just couldn't figure out what it was since we had never grown cauliflower before. Well, today the mystery was solved. There all ready to be picked was healthy creamy white cauliflower, which is steaming as I write.
It was kinda fun finding something unexpected in the garden.

We had a high temp of 64 today with lows tonight in the 30's. The woodstove will be keeping us cozy tonight
On the stove, broccoli and cauliflower, steamed and ravioli with sun dried alfredo sauce.
Dessert, freshly baked gingerbread hearts !

Comments

Tracey said…
Mmmmmmmm. I love fresh cauliflower and broccoli! Even though I love the change of seasons here in Pa, it sure would be nice to be able to still go outside and pick some fresh veggies from my garden! I guess I'll just have to be happy with planning mine...for now. :o)
Patty said…
isn't it funny, I would much rather be playing in the snow than picking veggies in my garden !
I love winter so much.
Sunny said…
Oh boy, that looks good. Too bad you can't come up here and enjoy some of our winter (which is really quite mild compared to NE)

Popular Posts