The Tree Is Up




 The evening is a quiet one. Knitting in my lap, conversation with the love of my life, a Christmas show on the television, all but ignored.  Christmas lights casting a magical glow in the room.   A candle lit, to remind me that candles have lit the trees in my family for generations upon generations.  A link to the past, well appreciated. Modern times has us fearful of such lights on a tree, so only one candle lit for a brief moment, just to give me that connection to the days of old.  It is far too warm to have a fire in the stove.  The weather more like early autumn.  Windows have been open most of the week.  On the wind, a change is to come...winter will indeed arrive in time for Christmas.  That feels right.  Soon. hot chocolate and warm gingerbread cookies will make the excitement of the season come alive.   
This year, I am moving a bit slowly, a problem with my knee.  Perhaps surgery the first of the year.  First, I will try herbal remedies and some rest with ice for now.   No running for sure, and not even much walking.  I do not like restrictions, especially this time of the year.  Actually, I don't do well with restrictions at any time of the year.  I miss my long walks and hiking on the weekends.  The rest is nice in a way, gives me time to knit more and read some good books along with watch all the 24 episodes of Jul i Blåfjell

Comments

Unknown said…
fire was just as dangerous back then as it is now! a carefully watched candle is an awesome adornment to the tree every now and then but modern times doesn't have much to do with it other than word of houses burning down spreads faster than it did back then when people weren't aware that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.
Simply Shelley said…
Its a beautiful tree and I love the little candle...blessings
cheryl said…
A beautiful tree to match your beautiful home . I hope your knee can heal without surgery .

Popular Posts